Tuesday, January 2, 2024

So, here we are...

Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005)


The Index is now completely up to date. Going forward, we hope to add new entries within the first week of each new month, with the latest (Dec '23) due very soon.

Additions and corrections are constantly being made to previous entries (especially the early silent era), though I'm confident the Index - as it stands - represents the vast majority of UK cinema releases since the first feature-length item reached these shores in 1908.

I still deeply regret that I couldn't include home video releases. Unless some other obsessed... er, I mean, dedicated (ahem!) soul has managed to record titles and release dates since the late 1970's, I fear this may never happen. And that's a shame because, on its own, an Index of cinema releases accounts for only half the story of UK film distribution. Still invaluable (I hope!), but essentially incomplete.

As mentioned in the Introduction, a separate version of the Index - with expanded entries, arranged alphabetically - is nearing completion. I hope to publish this in book form at some point. But not quite yet.

For now, this is The UK Film Index. I hope it continues to prove useful in its own way.

Enjoy - and tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024 (The First Omen)

• 3391 Kilometre (Turk - 2024) (Dolby Digital) • Aavesham ( ആവേശം ) (India - 2024) (scope) (Dolby Atmos) • Abigail (USA/Ire/Can - 2024) (...